Skip to Content
Fire on Campus
- Activate the nearest fire alarm pull station and call
716-645-2222 if possible to report the location and cause of the
fire if you know what it is.
- EVERYONE MUST LEAVE IMMEDIATELY when a fire alarm is activated,
even if there are no obvious signs of an emergency.
- Do NOT use the elevator.
- Remain calm and assist others in safely getting out.
- Confine the fire by closing all doors and windows if
- Extinguish the fire if you have been trained and it is safe to
- Evacuate the building to a safe location away from the
- If circumstances permit, secure your area by closing doors and
locking them if you would normally do so when you leave for the
- Follow directions given by emergency personnel and respond to
location designated by your building coordinator outside the
structure to await further instructions and so that everyone can be
easily accounted for before leaving the area.
- Do not re-enter until authorized to do so.
- Alarms mean LEAVE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY.